As a final farewell to summer, I decided to try my hand at making guacamole and pairing it with Food Should Taste Good’s Multigrain Chips. I had actually never tried to make guacamole before. In hindsight this seems strange to me because of my love of both chips and avocados…
Guacamole – Serving Size 4, Prep – 15 minutes
- 1/2 small chopped red onion
- 4 ripe avocados with pits removed
- 3 limes
- course salt
- one garlic clove (I used the kind that comes in a jar)
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of dry cilantro (or handful of fresh)
- Chop your red onion (and garlic if you’re using fresh).
- In a large bowl, combine chopped onions, avocados, juice of 2 limes, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin. Mash with a fork leaving large chunks. Add additional lime juice and salt to taste.
- Add more cilantro for garnish.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
[Recipe adapted from Alton Brown]
This post is brought to you in partnership with Food Should Taste Good. All thoughts and opinions are my own.