I’m not so good at setting New Year’s Resolutions and actually keeping them so I didn’t create any this year, but I do have goals. To hold myself accountable, I thought I’d post goals I’d like to accomplish on a quarterly basis. Here are my goals for the first quarter of 2015:
- Try Meditation. After reading about the benefits of meditation on various blogs and sites, I’d like to try and develop my own practice this year and evaluate if this is something I’d like to develop a long term habit around.
- Drink More Water. I start off my day with hot lemon water and do drink water throughout the day, but I feel that I could stand to be more hydrated. I will work up to drinking twice the amount of water I typically drink throughout the day. Maybe a cute larger water bottle purchase is in order for a little motivation…
- Take More Photos. My final goal is to take more photos with my phone and my camera this year. I’d like to properly learn how to use my camera in manual mode and improve the composition of my photos. Taking more photos would also have the added benefit of having more options for posting here on the blog and on social media. Sticking to the theme of social media, once I’ve got the whole photography side sorted, I feel like I’ll have more confidence to reach other to other creative individuals and potentially collab. It could start with something like an instagram direct message, but to me, that shows progress! Who knows where this will take me?
- Develop a Consistent Hair Care Routine. This quarter, I’d like to develop a hair care routine that I am willing to stick to. I’ve been so inconsistent with my hair care routine over the past year and outside of diet, consistency is what makes me see the most improvement in my hair growth and health. I’d like to re-institute a weekly conditioning routine and do monthly henna treatments. Yes, this stuff is time consuming, but I like to take the time for self-care practices and it ends up being more economical for me to do these things at home rather than pay someone else to do them.
- Make time to DIY. This quarter, I’d also like to create at least three homemade food, home, or beauty Products. I have so many DIY’s and recipes Pinned that I keep saying I’d like to try. I’ll pick a couple to focus on and just spend the time I normally use watching Netflix to work on making them. A few I already have in mind include making my own almond butter (cause it’s so expensive!), making solid perfume, and making laundry soap.
Do you have any goals you’d like to work on this winter?