So far, 2015 has been about adjustments and change so far and while that’s a good thing, I haven’t taken the time to set goals that I can measure. Of course, I have a bucket list for the things I want to achieve in life and on there you’ll find activities like going san diego whale watching and writing a book. But when you’re thinking about monthly goals, these are going to be ones that you can achieve in a month. Here are a few (manageable) goals I have for the month of June:
- Start going to yoga again/do yoga at home. I always enjoy yoga, so I need to make it a more consistent habit. Not making it to an actual class is no excuse, yoga can easily be done in my own apartment in the mornings before I start my day.
- Finish decorating my apartment. I’d like to put some finishing touches on my apartment sooner rather than later. It’s so easy for a time to go by and realize it’s time to move again and you never took the time to hang up your photos or add other homey touches. I’ve also got a few home DIY projects that need doing too. A friend told me about a trade supplier she used when she built a garden shed so at least I know where to get the materials from. Carrying out the repairs will definitely be the tricky bit!
- Finalize my summer plans (create a bucket list). I may not have travel plans to far-flung locations this summer, but there are still plenty of fun things to do locally and in nearby cities I can take day trips to. This month, I want to create a definitive seasonal to-do list and start crossing things off of it.
- Decide on a service-oriented organization to join. There was a time when I was a member of multiple organizations at the same time which would lead to over committing myself to volunteering duties and then burning out…Not a good habit to develop. Now that I’ve learned not to over-commit even when volunteering, I want to focus on quality rather than quantity and pick one organization to join and become active in.
- Try one new recipe. I have a whole stack of cookbooks sitting in my kitchen that I rarely use so I really should make use of my cookbooks and document the results. I tend to find favorites meals and make them over and over again. Here’s to an attempt to switch it up this month!
Do you have any goals for the month of June?
Image via Unsplash