From a very young age I remember seeing my mother apply oils to her skin on a regular basis. I never really thought much of it. But as I get older and more aware of the toxins in many skincare products, I find myself resorting to using primarily oils for all of my hair, face and body moisturizing needs. Something else that I have been seeing a lot of lately that I would like to give a mention to is cbd oil. I’ve noticed the growing popularity of cbd skincare products and I watch a number of YouTubers who swear by oils like this, especially when it comes to skincare and managing the buildup of dandruff on their scalp. The good thing about wanting to experiment with various skincare products is that because of the internet, it has never been easier to get your hands on what you want. A quick look into finding cbd oil online is all you need. When it comes to trying out natural oils, they may do more wonders than you think, but you won’t know unless you try. You don’t have to wait until you head into town to pick up what you want, especially as products such as cbd oil cannot be found just anywhere. If this is something that you think you would like to give a go, these are the best CBD oils in the UK. It’s worth doing your research into anything new that you are not familiar with, especially when it comes to your skin and hair. Anyway, here is a list of the go-to oils I use on a regular basis on my skin and hair.
- Jojoba Oil – What I Use It For: Over the past several months, I have gotten into the habit of making my own body butters scented with essential oils. Check out jojoba oil price if it sounds like a product you may be interested in. Jojoba oil is one of my go-to ingredients for body butters that also usually include Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and Cocoa butter. Jojoba’s properties are similar to the oils already present on your skin. More on the benefits of Jojoba Oil here.
- Coconut Oil – What I Use It For: What do I NOT use Coconut Oil for? I use this Vitamin E packed oil as a staple in my pantry and my beauty routine on a daily basis for things like: oil pulling, removing makeup, night oil, ingredient in DIY lip scrub, an oil sealant after washing my hair…and much more. More on the benefits of Coconut Oil here.
- Argan Oil – What I Use It For: Argan Oil has quickly become a go-to facial oil that is light enough to apply during daytime or nighttime. Argan Oil is full of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins (especially Vitamin A and Vitamin E) and minerals that moisturize, soften and protect skin (and hair) from sun damage. I personally notice a reduction acne and improvement in the clarity of my skin when I use this oil with regularity. More on the benefits of Argan Oil here.
- Olive Oil – What I Use It For: I often also Olive Oil as a make-up remover during the colder months. Olive oil contains Vitamin E and antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin. More on the benefits of Olive Oil here.
- (Jamaican Black) Castor Oil – What I Use It For: I typically use Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my scalp and to seal in moister after washing my hair. I also sometimes mix it in with my deep conditioner for a deeper treatment. Castor oil has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and is high in Vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and beneficial fatty acids. This oil is high in ricinoleic acid which makes it beneficial to skin and hair. Jamaican Black Castor Oil specifically is known to be more effective than regular castor oil because of its high ash content (which is created by the roasting process of the castor beans). More on the benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil here and here.
- Rosehip Oil – What I Use It For: This is the newest addition to my oil arsenal which I apply as a part of (my admittedly spotty) nightly routine. At some point, I’ll make some DIY facial serum with this oil as well. Rosehip oil is known an anti-aging oil packed with essential fatty acids and antioxidants that corrects dark spots, reduces fine lines and soothes dry skin. More on the benefits of Rosehip Oil here.
What are your favorite go-to oils for hair and skincare?