And just like that we are a month into 2016. I didn’t do new year’s resolutions this year, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have goals to work toward this year. Here are my goals for the month of February.
- Start blogging consistently again. My blog has taken a back seat to other priorities for the past year. But I miss having the creative outlet, so I am slowly easing myself into it again. I need to figure out an editorial schedule that will work and stick to it.
- Be more strategic with my ‘deposit’ hours. I watched a Mattieologie webinar yesterday where she talked about being a weekend entrepreneur (or #WKNpreneur) and using your “free time” or “deposit hours” to be productive on your side hustle or blog. I’ve gotten far too comfortable with using my spare time to veg out and catch up on my latest TV show obsession on Netflix. But that isn’t really moving me closer to my goals or interests. If I get back to spending a few hours each weekend on my side projects and a few hours during week day mornings, I will be much more productive in my side projects and goals outside of my 9-5.
- Be more consistent with my home yoga practice. I’ve been going to a yoga studio on average once a week for the past several months and I really like the classroom environment. But I need to be more consistent with my practice at home if I’m going to make progress on arm balance and inversion poses. I’m planning on trying this 30 day yoga challenge to get on track.
- Firm up remaining travel plans for first half of 2016. I have a couple of half finished travel plans for the first half of the year. I need to firm them up and start funneling more money into my travel fund.
- Finish a gallery wall in my apartment. I’ll have been in my apartment a year this month, so it’s high time I fill up some of the empty walls. I have a few DIY artwork pieces I’ve bookmarked and will add in some art prints and new purchases to a gallery wall in my living room this month. I’ll share some pics on Instagram once it’s FINALLY done.
What are your goals for the month?