I’m a big routine person and that love for routine extends to my morning drink of choice: Matcha Lattes! Frankly, I started drinking Matcha before it got trendy and could easily be found in many coffee shops. I also don’t by any means prepare it the traditional Japanese way, but it’s warm, comforting, and doesn’t leave me jittery like coffee. It also tastes pretty good with ice during the summer. Matcha is rich in antioxidants, has free radical-scavenging activity and encourages your body’s natural detoxification systems.
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder (I typically order it online)
- 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Butter
- 1 cup of your Milk or Milk of choice (I use Coconut Milk)
- 1 teaspoon of Honey or other sweetener of choice (optional)
- Add dry ingredients to a high powered blender.
- Add 1/3 cup of your Milk of Choice, Coconut Butter, and Honey to the blender.
- Heat 1 cup of water let cool slightly then add to blender.
- Blend all ingredients for a few seconds to combine.
- Pour ingredients into your cup.