Romantic love is amazing! But don’t forget to show yourself some love and attention this Valentines Day. So though I don’t take much stock in “made up” holidays like Valentine’s Day, I like any excuse to practice and promote self care and self love. After all, your relationship with yourself is just as meaningful and important as your relationships with your romantic partner, children, friends, community, etc. Read on for some ideas on how to show yourself some love and appreciation this Valentines Day.
- Give yourself a pat on the back by writing a reverse bucket list about your accomplishments.
- Take a some time to sit in stillness and Meditate.
- Call or text your person/people. It’s so easy to forget to check in with your loved ones and
- If cooking is relaxing for you, Cook yourself a meal either from scratch or from a meal kit.
- Order your favorite meal from your favorite local restaurant. If you’re feeling social, you can sit down to dine or if you’re not so social, order for takeout.
- Go on a solo date, see a movie that has been on your watch list for a while, buy yourself something like the best pocket pussy and end the day by indulging in self-pleasure.
- Re-read a childhood favorite book. For example now is the perfect time to start re-reading before the film comes out next month!
- Watch your favorite comedy show, series, or stand up routine. Laugh out loud over silly humor.
- So many of us are sleep deprived, so take some time to get much needed sleep.
- Exercise outside by doing things like taking a walk, jogging, hiking, or doing a short HIIT workout.
- For the introverts: Give your self at home spa treatments like pedicures and face masks. You can get a nice selection of items you’ll need from your local drug store or if you have more expensive taste, head to the closest Sephora to stock up on Korean Beauty favorites. You could also give yourself a sauna session. If interested, you may want to check out this portable sauna for the same.
- Clean your space (or hire someone else to help if you can).
- Get yourself flowers from your local Mitcham florist with all your favorite blooms (even an inexpensive arrangement from the grocery store is just fine), and place them somewhere you’ll see them regularly.
- For the extroverts: Host a dinner with loved ones and be the life of the party with music/dancing, board games, or other fun activities.
Image Source: Unsplash